One-stop recap of the twenty-six Molly’s Canopy posts in the April 2017 Blogging From A to Z Challenge. Thanks for joining me on the journey and leaving so many supportive comments along the way!
When the April 2017 Blogging From A to Z Challenge ended on April 30, I was happy to be among the survivors who completed the online marathon — for the second year in a row!
After generating twenty-six posts in just one month, I am craving a return to the more leisurely pace of weekly blogging as I continue to explore my ancestors’ lives and the research techniques I used to find them.
Yet I thoroughly enjoyed taking a deep dive into my early childhood this year and writing about my time at Whispering Chimneys — and I may follow up with a sequel about my early suburban life for A to Z 2018!
Still to come is my Reflections post about my second A to Z Challenge experience — but other than that, I am taking a blogging vacation in May!
Whispering Chimneys recap
While I mentally recharge, here is a summary of the April 2017 posts about Whispering Chimneys: My Altamont childhood…where my genealogy journey began.
Please check out any you may have missed. Comments are still open on the later posts — and I love hearing from readers!
- Theme – Whispering Chimneys: My Altamont childhood
- Altamont: My first childhood home
- Birds and Bees and Aunt Rita: My first genealogy lesson
- Crayon Basket
- Dandelion wine: An ancestral brew
- Elephants, mastodons and local excursions
- Freddie Freihofer: My TV debut
- Gramps: Machinist and woodworker
- Hollyhocks and botanical delights
- Ice skating on the pond
- Jets overhead portend and promise
- Kindergarten culture shock
- Liz: My modern grandmother
- Mailbox madness
- Norm: My post-war dad
- Out on the porch: An intangible essence
- Peg: My post-war mom
- Quite impressive: My classmate drives a tractor
- Recital: “I’ll never dance again!”
- Standing up to the school bus bully
- Third blogiversary!
- Under the pines: Family reunions
- Vaccination: A doctor’s office drama
- Whistle berries: My first nickname
- X-mas Eve: Santa casts a spell
- Yearly rituals: Rhythms of rural life
- Zooming off to Endwell
Please stop back on May 8 for: Reflections on the April 2017 #AtoZChallenge!
© 2017 Molly Charboneau. All rights reserved.