One-stop summary of “Genealogy Road Trip Tips: Take Your Loved Ones With You” — 30 posts in 30 days for NaBloPoMo 2016.
After generating thirty posts in just one month, I am craving a return to the more leisurely pace of weekly blogging as I continue to explore my ancestors’ lives and share the research techniques I have used to find them — including Genealogy Road Trips with friends and loved ones.
With the challenge over, I intend to heed my own advice from Tip 28: Reward yourself! and take a month-long blogging vacation to mentally recharge — then resume weekly posting in January 2017.
Genealogy Road Trip Tips recap
Meanwhile, for the month of December 2016, here is a one-stop summary of Genealogy Road Trip Tips:Take your loved ones with you so you can check out any you may have missed. Comments are still open on the later posts, so please join in!
BEFORE your Genealogy Road Trip:
- Tip 1: Pick your destination
- Tip 2: Find a travel partner
- Tip 3: Set your travel dates
- Tip 4: Call ahead
- Tip 5: Make a plan
- Tip 6: Pack research materials
- Tip 7: Test and pack your gear
- Tip 8: Finalize travel arrangements
- Tip 9: Hit the road
DURING your Genealogy Road Trip:
- Tip 10: Travel partner meeting
- Tip 11: Focus on the main event
- Tip 12: Schedule scenic side trips
- Tip 13: Stop by an ancestral home
- Tip 14: Houses of worship & cemeteries
- Tip 15: Oral history interviews
- Tip 16: Visit local respositories
- Tip 17: Historical societies & fraternal groups
- Tip 18: Friends, associates & neighbors (FANs)
- Tip 19: Have some fun!
AFTER your Genealogy Road Trip:
- Tip 20: Back up and share your photos
- Tip 21: Type up your notes
- Tip 22: Duplicate your recordings
- Tip 23: File your findings
- Tip 24: Trim your tree
- Tip 25: Share your stories
- Tip 26: Store your gear
- Tip 27: Supplement your discoveries
- Tip 28 Reward yourself!
Up next, a brief blogging vacation!
Happy Holidays and New Year from Molly’s Canopy. Please stop back when blogging resumes in January 2017.
© 2016 Molly Charboneau. All rights reserved.